Inside the Winter 2022 issue:
Artist James Michalopoulos ’74 has been influenced by the colorful, confounding streets of New Orleans, and in turn has influenced them.
Coeducation reflected change in our wider society, but it also sparked it, making Bowdoin better in the process.
Metaphors serve as shortcuts to understanding—but they’re not always benign. A conversation with professors Eric Chown and Fernando Nascimento.
- Space for Everyone: Bridget O’Carroll ’13 creates—and represents—community.
- Job Search to Soul Search: Bowdoin’s Sophomore Bootcamp grows bigger and more ambitious.
- A Look at the Lions: A 3D scan inspires this “Did You Know?”
- Get Home Safely: StrongArm fuses technology with the common good.
- In Her Element: Kristina M. J. Powell ’06 helps young Mainers tell their stories.
- NESCAC Express: Jake Adicoff ’18 heads to his third Paralympic Games.
The Courage to Fall in Love: Mai Libman ’00 had a rocky relationship with Bowdoin, and it wasn’t until many years after graduation that she reconnected and found her community here.