We publish Bowdoin Magazine three times a year and send it free of charge to all Bowdoin alumni, parents of current and recent undergraduates, members of the senior class, faculty and staff, and members of the Association of Bowdoin Friends.
Inside the Fall 2022 issue:
Finding the Pieces
Ed Burton ’91 pieces together information in painstaking searches to make good on a pledge to leave no soldier behind.
The Responsibility Is Personal
Dean Claudia Marroquin ’06 talks about the challenges of her work, the importance of kindness, and the role her personal story plays in assembling a Bowdoin class.
Larger Than Everything
Water is all around us in the landscape at Bowdoin, but it’s also ubiquitous in a place you might not expect—the classroom.
- Open to Possibilities: Denise Shannon balances work with music, acting, and more.
- A Troubling Truth: Peter Hayes ’68 was featured in Ken Burns’s new documentary about the Holocaust.
Honoring the Animals: In caring for a world of creatures, veterinarian Carl Spielvogel ’13 has learned a few things.
- Golden Owens ’15 explores the world of digital assistants.
- Gabriele Caroti ’97 is the founder of movie and music label Seventy-Seven.
- Drew Webb ’68 on using a different lens.
Salted pumpkin caramels from food writer and editor Christine Burns Rudalevige.
- Eric Ebeling ’98 steers a shipping company through geopolitics and other heavy weather.