Inside the Fall 2020 issue:
Professor Anthony Walton revisits an essay he wrote in 1989 to reflect on being a Black man in America then, and now.
Against the quiet natural backdrop of Malaga Island and a startling dark period in Maine's history, Surya Milner '19 searched to understand her own place in Brunswick, Maine, and beyond.
Bowdoin faculty have responded simultaneously to two historic challenges.
- On the Cover: Daniel Minter's cover art explained.
- Respond: Letters from our readers.
- Hope the Hard Way: DeRay Mckesson '07 on the work ahead.
- Ingredients for Success: Bowdoin dining maintains the magic.
- More Than a Meme: Frank Chi '07 remembers Jusice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the "Notorious RBG."
- Jubiliee: Nightshift Brewing cofounders Michael Oxton ’07 and Rob Burns ’07 and artist Lyne Lucien ’13 collaborate, by coincidence, on a beer celebrating racial justice.
- Beyond the Gates: Alumni Relations is partnering with offices across campus to bring a wide variety of regular virtual offerings to alumni and families.
- A Look Into the Middle Ages: Although the museum is closed to visitors for now, the medieval world is open for discovery.
- Powerful and Personal: A new podcast from Alvin Hall ’74.
- A Force of Change: Bill de la Rosa ’16 on the influence of John Lewis