We publish Bowdoin Magazine three times a year and send it free of charge to all Bowdoin alumni, parents of current and recent undergraduates, members of the senior class, faculty and staff, and members of the Association of Bowdoin Friends.
Inside the Spring/Summer 2019 issue:
Ahead of the Curve
Bowdoin Teacher Scholars engage in a rigorous, classroom-based program that prepares them for one of our society's essential professions.
Words of Change
Language is not a fixed construct; it lives and breaths and evolves with the people who speak it.
Little Things Matter
Entomologist Alex Wild ’95, takes stunning photographs that combine science and art, inspiring us to look closely at some of our tiniest, and often misunderstood, neighbors.
- His Own Walkman: John "Galush" Galusha '20 moves to a beat.
- Elements of Daily Life: Julie Hu '22 turned the periodic table into a colorful work of art.
- Angela Gabrielle Fabunan ’11 on the lifeline of poetry.
- Ben Bernstein ’69 talks mindfulness and purposeful learning.
- Jen Flynn ’96 helps open Polar Park.
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream a blast from the past by flavor guru Peter Lind '75
- Lunch with Link: Athletic trainer emeritus Mike Linkovich holds frequent court in Thorne Dining Hall.
The Bowdoin Magazine Podcast