The Faculty Development Committee administers internal funds that support course development, scholarship and artist work leading to publication and/or presentation, and sabbatic leave support.
The Sponsored Research Office supports faculty applications for external funding.
The faculty conference travel program, administered by the Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs, enables faculty members to participate regularly in professional meetings and is available for all benefits-eligible faculty.
There are a wide number of fellowships and grant programs supporting student research year-round.
Bowdoin has a sizeable number of lecture funds — some discipline-specific, others more broadly thematic — that help us bring leading scholars, artists and public figures to the College and the greater community.
Internal Funding Opportunities
Research Scholarship and Creative Work
- Faculty Research Awards- Faculty Development Committee
- Faculty Leave Support- Faculty Development Committee
- Course Development Fund- Faculty Development Committee
- Course Enrichment Fund- Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs
- Faculty Conference Travel Funds- Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs
Speakers and Guest Lecturers
- Summer Working Groups on Curriculum and Pedagogy - Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs
- Faculty Symposia Program Call for Proposals - Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs
- Professional Service Support Call for Proposals - Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs
- Student Research Funding- Office of Student Fellowships and Research
- Faculty hosted meals with students- Office of the Dean of Students