National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
To activate your NCFDD membership
2. Under "Select you institution" select Bowdoin College from the drop-down menu and click "continue"
3. Click "Activate My Membership" and register by entering your name, your Bowdoin email address, choosing a password and selecting "continue."
4. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have technical issues in activating your membership.
Bowdoin's membership with the NCFDD is an addition to the expanding options for faculty development offered at the College. Several Bowdoin faculty have described positive experiences with NCFDD workshops and resources. Some of the programs and resources available through NCFDD include:
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars (e.g. How to Engage in Healthy Conflict)
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars (e.g. Secrets to a Super Productive Semester)
- Multi-week courses (e.g. The Academic's Guide to Working with a Literary Agent)
- A private discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
- Multiple events in support of writing, publishing, and marketing books (e.g. How to Craft and Submit a Winning Book Proposal)
- 14 Day Writing Challenge
- Faculty Success Program
- Write-Now tracking software
- Accountability partner matches
- Access to the member library that includes past webinars and readings (e.g. Mastering Academic Time Management)