- Academic Suspension (involuntary withdrawal)
- Academic/Disciplinary Dismissal (involuntary withdrawal)
- Academic/Social Disciplinary Suspension (involuntary withdrawal)
- Resignation (voluntary withdrawal)
- Medical leave (voluntary or involuntary withdrawal)
- Leave (voluntary)
Withdrawing from Bowdoin College
The deadline for informing us that you are taking a personal leave for Fall 2020 has passed. Please contact your dean with any quesitons.
Your Dean within the Office of the Dean of Students is the first point of contact for making plans to leave Bowdoin and initiating an official withdrawal. Please read through the following information carefully.
Quick link: Withdrawal Information Checklist (PDF)
Notify us of your intent to withdraw
If you would like a voluntary leave or medical leave, please review the college’s policies in the Academic Handbook.
We record your official date of withdrawal as your last date of attendance.
If you withdraw anytime after the second week of classes, you will receive a withdrawal (W) grade notation for all your courses. The grade of (W) does not affect your GPA, but does appear on your official transcript.