Our office recently underwent a restructure. More information to come. In the meantime, if you would like to speak to a dean, please contact:
|Melissa Quinby||Primarily First-Year Students||207-725-3489|
|Danielle Hussey||Primarily Sophomores||
|Khoa Khuong||Primarily Juniors and all International Students (F-1 Visa Holders)||
|Roosevelt Boone||Primarily Seniors||207-208-2937|
Role of the Class Dean. There are four class deans in the Office of the Dean of Students: each dean primarily works with either first-years, sophomores, juniors, or seniors (based on a student's class standing). Bowdoin's structure is also unique in that our deans serve a great many functions on campus, including: advising students on academic policies; assisting in the navigation of personal issues, including mental and physical health; serving as a sounding board during conversations; and many other things. Deans also can be asked to hold students accountable through the conduct process when Bowdoin policy has been violated. These conversations can be hard for students, but they are an opportunity for growth—and they are positioned as such—even when it results in a sanction.
Requesting to Switch Deans: Bowdoin cannot accommodate requests to change deans except in rare and exceptional circumstances. Students wishing to make a request must do so in writing to the Dean of Students. The request should clearly explain why the situation meets the "rare and exceptional" standard.
- To discuss students of concern, or the CARE Team, contact Lisa Hardej
- To discuss a suspected case of academic dishonesty, contact Michael Pulju
- To discuss the accommodations for a student with a disability, contact Lesley Levy
- To discuss international student issues, contact Khoa Khuong
- To discuss general matters for the Office of the Dean of Students, contact Kristina Bethea Odejimi
- After hours, 7 days a week, to assist with student emergencies, contact the Dean-on-Call through Security (207-725-3314)