- Fall 2023 Classroom Request Forms
- About Classroom Requests
- Classroom Assignment Policy
- Details about Bowdoin's teaching spaces
- Classroom/lab quick glance info
Managing Course Enrollments
- Polaris and the Faculty Guide to Polaris
- Time Conflict Override Policy
- TA/Tutor Canvas Access Request Form
- Fall 2023 Final Exam Rotation
- Final exams for fall 2023 will be in Polaris in mid-September
The fall 2023 final exam period is Wednesday, December 13 - Monday, December 18. Bowdoin's policy is that all final academic work, including final examinations, final papers, final lab reports, and final projects, is due at or before 5:00 pm on the last day of the final examination period; although instructors may set earlier deadlines, they may not set later deadlines. The last day faculty may accept final academic work is Monday, December 18.The "bunching rule": students with three or more final exams in two days may reschedule one for a day mutually agreeable to the student and the instructor. This policy only applies to final exams being held in-person during the scheduled final exam block. More info in the Catalogue, here.
The Grade Entry section of Polaris opens at noon on Friday, December 8 for fall 2023.
Final grades due by 3:00pm on Monday, January 8, 2024.
Bowdoin's policy is that all academic work, except for final examinations, final papers, final lab reports, and final projects, is due on or before the last day of classes; although instructors may set earlier deadlines, they may not set later deadlines. The last day of fall 2023 classes is Friday, December 8.
Developing/Revising Courses or Major/Minor Programs
Course Proposal and Revision Form
- Guide to Course Proposal/Revision Form (PDF)
- Guide to First-Year Writing Seminar Proposals/Revisions (PDF)
- Course Description Style Guidelines (PDF)
Resources for Applying Distribution Designations to Courses
Guide for Proposing or Revising Majors/Minors
Information regarding the Curriculum Implementation Committee (CIC)
Creating the Course Schedule
Department/Program Planning Resources
- Course Offering Worksheets
- Guide to Submitting COWs (lists every question in the form)
- List of Active Courses by Originating Department/Program for Course Scheduling
Library's Course Textbook/Materials Adoptions (more info and link to form)