Due to the COVID-19 situation, please request e-transcripts only when ordering through the National Student Clearinghouse. Our office is not able to process requests for paper transcripts as we are working remotely, but we are able to fulfill orders for e-transcripts within our normal 3-5 business day turnaround time. That said, if you attended/graduated before 1990, please allow an additional 2-3 weeks of processing time, even for e-transcripts.
If our plans change, it will be posted on our website. If you have any questions or an extenuating circumstance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Bowdoin College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering.
Delivery methods include:
- Hold for Pickup (paper copy at registrar's office, 1st floor of Jewett Hall)
- US Mail (paper copy sent US Mail)
- Expedited Shipping (paper copy sent Fed-Ex)
- Electronic PDF (secure email)
There is a $20 charge for expedited shipping that you pay through the Clearinghouse with a credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
You may also request that your transcript be processed after final grades are posted or after your degree is awarded.
You can track your order status online through the Clearinghouse and/or choose to receive email or text alerts as your request is processed.
- Normal processing time is 3-5 business days.
Current and former students, please visit studentclearinghouse.org to order all official transcripts.
- Transcripts remain free of charge for all current and former students.
- Transcripts will be issued only if all financial obligations to the College have been met.
- Both hard copies and electronic copies bear the official seal of Bowdoin College.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your transcript order to be processed.
Contact the National Student Clearinghouse with any questions about ordering or retrieving transcripts or visit the Clearinghouse's "My Student Center" for transcript help and find answers to frequently asked questions, help articles, and easy access to chat online.
Bowdoin College does not produce unofficial transcripts; however, current students are welcome to view their unofficial academic histories online through Degree Progress.
- After logging into Polaris, click the link for Degree Progress under the Academic Profile block.
Once Degree Progress opens, select whether you would like to see your unofficial academic history as an entirety or by a specific term.
Click "print" to obtain a hard copy of your unofficial academic history.
Or, change the print options and select "Save as PDF" to download an electronic copy of your unofficial academic history.
- Please note, only current students are able to access an unofficial academic history. Alumni should follow the instructions above for requesting an official transcript.