We are currently accepting requests for both electronic and paper transcripts. After submitting your official request through the National Student Clearinghouse, please allow 3-5 business days for processing of e-transcripts (PDFs) and 5-7 business days for processing of paper transcripts. Those who attended/graduated before 1990 should allow 10 business days of processing time, even for e-transcripts. Note that selecting "express shipping" when ordering expedites the shipping time for paper transcripts but will not shorten the processing time and must include a street address as PO boxes will not be accepted for expedited shipping.
Federal investigators requiring transcripts should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to ongoing public health concerns, these processes are subject to change without notification. If you have any questions or an extenuating circumstance, please email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Bowdoin College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering.
Delivery methods include:
- Hold for Pickup (paper copy at registrar's office, 1st floor of Jewett Hall)
- US Mail (paper copy sent US Mail)
- Expedited Shipping (paper copy sent Fed-Ex)
- Electronic PDF (secure email)
There is a $20 charge for expedited shipping that you pay through the Clearinghouse with a credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
You may also request that your transcript be processed after final grades are posted or after your degree is awarded.
You can track your order status online through the Clearinghouse and/or choose to receive email or text alerts as your request is processed.
- Normal processing time is 3-5 business days.
Current and former students, please visit studentclearinghouse.org to order all official transcripts.
- Transcripts remain free of charge for all current and former students.
- Transcripts will be issued only if all financial obligations to the College have been met.
- Both hard copies and electronic copies bear the official seal of Bowdoin College.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your e-transcript order to be processed and 5-7 business days for your paper transcript order to be processed.
Contact the National Student Clearinghouse with any questions about ordering or retrieving transcripts or visit the Clearinghouse's "Help Center" for transcript help and find answers to frequently asked questions, help articles, and easy access to chat online. For more details on how to access your electronic transcript, including system requirements, visit this article.
Bowdoin College does not produce unofficial transcripts; however, current students are welcome to view their unofficial academic histories online through Degree Progress.
- After logging into Polaris, click the link for Degree Progress under the Academic Profile block.
Once Degree Progress opens, select whether you would like to see your unofficial academic history as an entirety or by a specific term.
Click "print" to obtain a hard copy of your unofficial academic history.
Or, change the print options and select "Save as PDF" to download an electronic copy of your unofficial academic history.
- Please note, only current students are able to access an unofficial academic history. Alumni should follow the instructions above for requesting an official transcript.