- Students are encouraged to speak to the appropriate Bowdoin department/program before submitting potential transfer courses through the form.
- Students should submit one form for each course they are seeking pre-approval to transfer.
- The appropriate Bowdoin department/program faculty representative will receive email notification prompting them to review the student's request for pre-approval to transfer credit.
- If pre-approved by the department/program faculty representative, the Office of the Registrar will review the application to ensure that all conditions of approval are met.
- Both the student and the department/program faculty representative will receive email notification each time an approval/denial is requested and processed.
The Application for Transfer of Credit Form should be used for:
- summer terms,
- credit while on a medical leave or suspension (if official permission has been granted),
- or pre-matriculation credit.
The Application for Transfer of Credit Form should NOT be used for:
- Seeking transfer credit for courses taken during an approved study away semester,
- Contact the Off-Campus Study Office for more information about that process.