Student Community Action Network (SCAN)
- Complete 50 hours (approximately 3-5 hours each week) of work with a Maine-based organization or local government office
- Attend bi-weekly check-in meetings with SCAN cohort and McKeen Center staff
- Create a final reflection poster and presentation in December (before finals)
Who is eligible?
The Student Community Action Network is open to members of the class of 2024 and 2025 who receive financial aid from Bowdoin. Successful applicants will demonstrate an interest in community engagement but do not need to have specific experience working in the local community.
- $1,000 stipend
- Training and support from McKeen Center staff
- Significant community-based experience to draw on for future Bowdoin and career opportunities