Student vehicles on campus must register with the Office of Safety and Security and display a 2023/24 Bowdoin College student parking decal. Thank you for complying with our campus parking rules.
- The motor vehicle parking permit fee for students is $100 per academic year (generally covering September 1 - August 31).
- After registering online, your parking decal will be sent to your Smith Union mailbox.
- Student vehicles on campus must display a valid Bowdoin student parking decal.
- Adhere your parking decal to the bottom right rear bumper or lower right corner of the vehicle’s rear window.
- Student vehicles displaying a current Bowdoin parking decal must park in designated student parking lots during business hours, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A student may possess or register only one vehicle at a given time.
- First-year students do not have campus parking privileges and may not bring a motor vehicle to campus. Rare exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Campus parking rules are always in force (even during academic break periods), unless the Executive Director of Safety and Security provides notice via official email.
- Designated Student Parking Lots
- SPECIAL NOTICE FOR ADMISSIONS: Parking is prohibited during Monday-Friday business hours and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Burton Little (Admissions) parking lot.
- Parking spaces: Vehicles must park in spaces designated by signage and/or indicated by white painted lines. Parking is prohibited in fire lanes, disabled person spaces (without disabled permit), white or yellow painted diagonal lines, and other specially signed spaces.
- Fines: You will be emailed when you receive a ticket, if you do not receive an email, check you "junk email" for emails from email@example.com. The bursar (207-798-4341) will bill parking fines to the student's account. Fines for campus parking violations start at $25.
- Appeals: Parking violations may be appealed to the Executive Director of Safety and Security within five days of the date of violation. Appeals are processed promptly, and notice of appeal results will be sent via email. Once appealed you will receive an email. If you do not receive an email, check you "junk email" for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revocation of Privileges: The accrual of six or more parking violations during an academic year, or a violation of the first-year student parking prohibition, may result in a report to the dean of students and loss of campus parking privileges.
- Parking accommodations for medical injury/surgery. Contact Lesley Levy, Director of Student Accessibility, for physician-recommended temporary accommodations, 207-798-4187.
- Snow Parking Bans: The Executive Director of Safety and Security will notify students and employees by email of campus and town parking bans. Any vehicle parked in violation of a ban may be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
- Town of Brunswick Parking Tickets: Students are responsible for paying parking tickets issued by the Town of Brunswick. For more information: Payment/Appeal of Brunswick Parking Tickets.
Bowdoin College assumes no responsibility for damage to motor vehicles parked on campus property, or personal property losses due to theft. Students, staff, and visitors are encouraged to carry sufficient personal insurance to cover such losses. Best practice is to lock unoccupied vehicles, park in well-lit areas, and not keep valuables visible in unoccupied vehicles.
For further information, questions, or special accommodations regarding parking at Bowdoin, contact the Office of Safety and Security administrative office at 207-725-3458 or email email@example.com.