Employee and Visitor Parking
The College provides ample parking for faculty, staff, and visitors. Thank you for complying with our campus parking rules.
Employee Parking Information
Employee vehicles using campus parking must display a Bowdoin College faculty/staff parking decal.
- Employee Vehicle Registration Form. Please refer to these instructions. If you need further assistance, contact Kelly Irving at 207-725-3458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adhere your decal to the bottom right rear bumper or lower right corner of the vehicle’s rear window.
- Park in designated faculty/staff and faculty/staff/visitor parking lots.
- Park only in paved, white-lined parking spaces, unless otherwise designated by College parking signage.
- Do not park in signed visitor parking lots, e.g., Russwurm, Admissions.
- Do not park in specially designated spaces, i.e., fire lanes, disabled person, loading docks/delivery areas, and service/emergency spaces.
- Temporary disability parking is available for faculty and staff for short term medical conditions. You man apply for a temporary disability placard through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, 125B Main Street, Topsham, ME 04086. Tel: 207-725-6520.
- Visit the Parking in Brunswick page for public parking information.
Employee Parking Lots
- 85 Union Street
- Ashby House (next to Boody-Johnson House)
- Coffin Street parking area
- Farley Field House (north side of Lubin Squash Courts)
- Maine Street College Houses
(Howell, Burnett, Helmreich, MacMillan, and Quinby)
- Mills Hall/Gibbons Center for Arctic Studies
- North Campus Drive
- Polar Loop (east side of Druckenmiller Hall)
- Rhodes Hall
- Roux Center for the Environment
- South Campus Drive
- Stowe House (front lot only)
- Watson Arena
If you are visiting campus for a day or for a weekend, you do not need to obtain a visitor parking pass.
- Day visitors are directed to park in convenient and centrally located parking areas on Coffin Street, North Campus Drive (off Bath Road), South Campus Drive (off College Street), and the Russwurm House visitor-only parking lot (off of Coles Tower Drive).
- There is ample additional visitor parking at the Farley Field House and Watson Arena parking areas, and at the Maine Street College Houses (Howell House, Burnett House, Helmreich House, MacMillan House, Quinby House, and the Ashby House parking lot next to Boody-Johnson House).
- Admissions visitors may park in the Burton-Little (Admissions) parking lot (off of Coles Tower Drive).
- Visitors may park in any campus parking area signed as faculty/staff/visitor parking.
- Please park in paved, white-lined parking spaces only.
- If you receive a Bowdoin College parking ticket, contact Kelly Irving at (207) 725-3458.
Visitors who plan to be on campus for more one day or a weekend are encouraged to obtain a temporary parking permit (hang tag) that will be valid for a specified period. Visitor parking passes may be obtained at the Office of Safety and Security, Rhodes Hall, 9 Bath Road, Brunswick.
Vendors and contractors staying more than one day may obtain a temporary parking permit (hang tag) from the Office of Safety and Security, Rhodes Hall, 9 Bath Road, Brunswick.
Bowdoin College assumes no responsibility for damage to motor vehicles parked on campus property, or personal property losses due to theft. Students staff, and visitors are encouraged to carry sufficient personal insurance to cover such losses. Best practice is to lock unoccupied vehicles, park in well-lit areas, and not keep valuables visible in unoccupied vehicles.
Questions about campus parking? Contact administrative coordinator Kelly Irving, 207-725-3458, or email email@example.com. You may also contact the safety and security communications center, 207-725-3314, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.