Students will be applying to individual organizations that are participating in the MCF program this year.
Students can apply to up to 4 MCF community partners. Full descriptions of our twelve community partner placement options for Summer 2022 can be found HERE. The 2022 MCF deadline is Friday, February 4, 2022 at noon EST.
Please note that the McKeen Center will consult with the Dean of Students office on candidates' academic and social standing.
MCF Application Details
- Student contact information, basic financial aid information, and transportation options
- A personalized resume & cover letter for EACH organization the student is applying to
- Two listed references (just contact info, not letters), including at least one Bowdoin faculty member
Students are encouraged to utilize the Bowdoin Career Exploration and Development (CXD) staff and resources to craft personalized and compelling resumes and cover letters for this program. For more information on how to write a resume, reach out to a CXD Advisor.
For each of your placement choices, please write a cover letter addressed to "Dear Fellowship Selection Committee" and answering the following questions. Make sure your answers are specific to the individual organization, its stated mission, and the placement description:
- How does this fellowship relate to your academic and career goals?
- How do you plan to continue building on the summer fellowship experience through coursework or independent research?
- Why do you want to work for this organization?
- What specific experience, interest and skills do you bring to their mission and the fellowship job description provided?
For more information on how to write an effective cover letter, reach out to Bowdoin's Career Exploration and Development (CXD) Office and schedule a meeting with an advisor. At the end of your resume please provide the best phone number for you and TWO references: name, position, telephone number, and email, including at least one Bowdoin faculty member. Organizations will use this information to contact you and your references.
For more information on the Maine Community Fellowship throughout the year please contact Tom Ancona.