Community Partner Application
Organizations looking for information on that process should review the application information and timeline listed below.
Organizations will be notified of their status in the second week of December. Organizations who are not selected as MCF sites may still find other Bowdoin students with summer fellowship funding to fill their needs. The McKeen Center can help facilitate this process.
Community Partner Application Materials:
- Contact Information for the partner organization supervisor
- Questions around the CovID-19 pandemic and how it may impact summer
- Responses to the following prompts:
- Please provide a 2-3 sentence description of what your organization's mission is, who your constituents are, and what work your organization does on a regular basis.
- Please detail in 3-4 sentences, what one or two potential projects the student would undertake over the course of the 10-week fellowship as well as additional work that a student might be doing regularly with your organization.
- Please detail in 2-3 sentences, what skills and/or experience are you looking for in students may apply to a position with your organization.
Community Partner Fellowship Timeline
- December 3, 2021: Partner application due
- Mid-December: Partner organizations notified of summer selection
- Mid-December: Student application goes live with partner organizations listed
- February 4, 2022: Student application deadline
- Mid February: Student applications sent to partners to review
- Mid February - Early March: Partner organizations interview candidates (virtual or in-person)
- Early March: Partner organizations' applicant preferences DUE
- Late March: Student placements finalized and announced to organizations
- June-August: Students work at Maine Community Fellowships sites
For more information on the Maine Community Fellowship throughout the year please contact Tom Ancona.