Employment Paperwork

Congratulations, you found a job! What's next?

First, your supervisor will hire you in Workday.

Next, you will complete your onboarding (employment forms) in Workday. 

Then, you will present specific documents to the SEO office IN PERSON, for completion of the I-9 form.

Finally, you may begin working! 

Here are the details...

You will receive an email from Workday with instructions for logging in and completing your onboarding forms electronically. This will include direct deposit, federal and state tax withholding elections, reviewing employment policies, and completing section 1 of the Federal I-9 form. Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States. 

The final step is that you will need to present your documentation to the Student Employment Office IN PERSON before you may begin working! Review the full list of acceptable documents. Examples of acceptable documents include a passport, a passport card, an original or government certified copy of a birth certificate, and Social Security card. Note: Expired document, copies, and faxes cannot be accepted.

You will not be allowed to work without completing your employment forms through SEO. 

International students follow a modified student employee onboarding process. If you are an international student or non-US citizen, please visit our resource page for International Students.

Call or stop by SEO if you need assistance with Workday onboarding.