What Should I Do If I Receive A Bill?
1) Call the billing phone number listed on the statement, making sure to reference your account number, and ask:
- Was a claim submitted to your insurance company? If not, do they have your insurance information?
- Was the claim denied? If so, was it because the insurance company requires additional information from you to process the claim? If you are on the Bowdoin Student Health Insurance Plan, create an online account to access required forms for completion.
- Is the amount considered your co-pay amount? If so, you are likely responsible for the payment.
2) If the services were for a sports related injury, and a claim form was completed by an Athletic Trainer or a clinician at Health Services:
- Call the billing phone number listed on the statement, making sure to reference your account number and
- Advise the provider’s billing office that the remaining balance should be billed to Bowdoin’s Excess Sports Plan.
3) If you still have questions about the bill, contact Cathy Hayes, Student Health Insurance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-798-4284.