The travel health clinic offers personalized health and travel advice tailored to your particular itinerary. You will meet with a nurse practitioner and registered nurse specializing in travel medicine. Our information is continually updated from agencies including the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the International Society for Travel Medicine.
The clinic includes:
- Personalized medical consultations
- All required and recommended immunizations
- International Certificates of Vaccination/The World Health Organization Card required for regions with yellow fever
- Expert advice and health tips
- Up-to-date country specific handouts on travel related medical issues and advisories
Start EarlyFor optimum service, we recommend you make your appointment at least six to eight weeks prior to your departure.
Cost of Travel Health Clinic Services
- For Bowdoin students, faculty, and staff there is no charge for the medical travel consultation. There are charges for travel vaccinations since these are not covered under the Bowdoin health plan or most other insurances.
- For community members there is a charge of $150.00 for the medical travel consultation. Travel vaccination fees are additional.
Appointments (Thursday mornings only)
- Bowdoin student appointments will be scheduled for Thursday mornings only. Exceptions will be made under certain circumstances (such as a class or lab).
- Community members and Bowdoin faculty and staff consultations will be scheduled for Thursday mornings only. No exceptions will be made. Travel consultations are required prior to receiving any travel immunizations.
Be prepared for your appointment
- Travel consultations are required prior to receiving travel immunizations.
- Plan on appointments lasting 60 to 90 minutes. 45 minutes for the medical travel consultation and 15-30 minutes for vaccine administration.
- Complete the Travel Questionnaire
- Provide immunization records at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- There is much you can do to improve the quality of your travel experience and prevent unwanted illness and injury. To expedite the process we encourage you to carefully read and consider our Travel Preparation information prior to your consultation.
Please call 725-3770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Other Travel Medicine Clinics
- Central Maine Medical Center - Phone: 795-2729 - Address: 76 High Street Suite 204 Lewiston ME 04340
- Occupational Health Associates - Phone: 207-442-8625 - Address: 270 State Road, West Bath, Maine 04530
- INTERMED - Phone: 207-347-2908 - Address: 84 Marginal Way, Suite 800, Portland, Maine 04101