Student Summer Housing
Summer Housing Update
Summer housing for 2021 is available to Bowdoin students who are employed by the College or who have received a research fellowship or funded internship through the College. Student Employees must be working a minimum of 20 hours per week on campus during the summer — this minimum may be met by working more than one job on campus. We expect housing to open by June 7th and will extend through August 16th.
Any student wishing to live in campus summer housing must also be in good social standing. All students will need to accurately complete and read the terms of the lease to ensure that they can meet all the requirements of summer housing. A supervisor's signature will also be required on the lease to confirm employment or research fellowship.
Who qualifies for housing at Bowdoin this summer?
Housing is designated for students carrying out projects and work in Maine that is sponsored by and connected to Bowdoin College.
- Students working at least 20 hours per week as a Bowdoin student employee.
- Students working at least 20 hours per week on a Bowdoin-funded fellowship or internship, whose employer/ supervisor is located in Maine.
How to apply for summer housing
Applications for summer housing will take the following steps:
- Students should contact the Summer Programs staff to check on housing availability for this summer.
- After submitting the application, the student will receive the 2021 Summer Community Agreement to review and sign. Acceptance of the community agreement is a requirement for on-campus summer housing.
- In mid-May, the student will receive a housing lease to review and sign. This lease will outline the apartment assigned for summer housing and will also require a signature from the student's summer supervisor.
The summer housing rental rate is $65.00 per week. Student employees will be charged their summer rent through bi-weekly payroll deductions. In most cases, students receiving fellowships receive a housing allowance paid by the Department that is offering the fellowship.
While living in campus housing, students are expected to comply with all of theguidelines contained in the Apartment Lease Agreement and will need to sign a Summer Community Agreement.
Apartment and room assignments will be confirmed after receipt of the summer housing applications. We will assign students to single bedrooms within campus apartments for this summer. Because of this short timeframe, you will be notified of your summer assignment before June 1st.
If you have inquiries please email email@example.com.