Break housing is available to students with on-campus housing. Links will be activated as applications are available and depending on the time of year.
- Early Arrival Fall Semester
- Winter Break Housing and Early Arrival Spring Semester
- Buildings open during winter break are listed in the application
- Spring Break Housing
- Commencement Night Housing (graduating seniors only)
- Interim Housing
- Due to residence hall use during Reunion, most students will be required to relocate.
- You do not need to submit a request but should confirm with your supervisor/sponsor that you are on their approved interim housing list, you will receive your housing assignment on May 17:
- Outing Club
- Kent Island
- Judicial Board training
- Employed for Reunion
- Employed by Dining for Commencement or Reunion
- Employed by Student Activities for Senior Week
- Submit a request if you are on campus this summer for on-campus employment/fellowship/research or are an international student with travel issues. If you have other needs, please make a request and it will be reviewed. We will not approve underclass students who wish to stay on campus for Senior Week activities.
Safety and security and facilities management may enter student rooms over break to secure buildings or provide routine maintenance. Any obvious policy violations will be written up in a security report.
If you are staying on campus during a break period we recommend that you take the following precautions for your personal safety:
- Lock your door at all times, regardless of whether you are in or out.
- Do not go out alone at night, if possible.
- Report all suspicious people and suspicious activity to Security x3500.
- Read all security notices.
- Do not leave valuables in your room; if possible take them with you.
- Notify your family members and friends of your travel plans, mode of transportation and the route you are going to take if you are driving. If your plans change significantly, promptly notify your family and friends about when they can expect you.
- Make sure you have money for gas and tolls and a fully-charged phone. Do not pick up strangers when driving home.
- Only stop at well-lit places where there are many people.