Bowdoin's Chapel was built in 1855 and it was restored and remodeled in 1998 and again in 2005. The chapel is open 24/7 and it serves as a quiet space for students, faculty, and staff to reflect, meditate, or pray. The chapel can be reserved by contacting Campus Scheduling and it is available for all student groups and performances.
Due to it's great acoustics, the Chapel is often used by musical ensembles and performances. It is also used throughout the year to hold Mass, memorial services, Bible Studies, Worship Celebrations, etc.