Vacation Time, Personal Absence Time (Sick Time) and Other Absences
Bowdoin College provides several types of paid time for benefits-eligible employees including vacation time, personal absence time (sick time), short and long-term disability and family and medical leave.
For details on these benefits and eligibility requirements, please refer to the Absence Management policies listed below. These policies provide information about the types of times and leave available as well as the College's requirements for scheduling and documentation for the use of these absences.
- Absence Management for Administrative Staff
- Absence Management for Support Staff
- Absence Management for Faculty
- Absence Management for Coaches (Exempt) and Laboratory Instructors
The Handbook has additional information about these other types of leaves:
- Work-related illnesses and injuries
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Victims of Violence Leave
- Sabbatical Leaves
- Professional/Educational Leaves
- Military Leaves