|Professional development, wellness, and personal enrichment opportunities are offered throughout the year to enhance individual learning as the means for creating a better workplace environment and for building a stronger College community.|
Bowdoin College Compliance Training (Faculty and Staff)
Log into Blackboard to complete the Workplace Harassment Prevention Training
- What is workplace harassment?
- Why does harassment take place?
- Protected Groups
- Types of Harassment: Wrongful Acts, Unlawful Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Hostile Environment, Quid Pro Quo, Electronic Harassment, Workplace Bullying
- Consensual Relationships
- How to Report
- How to handle reports of discrimination, including harassment, from employees
- What steps to take after a report to ensure: Your employee feels safe and supported; Your institution is protected
- Ways to avoid retaliation or the appearance of it if an accusation is made
Employee Enrichment Calendar - Upcoming sessions for active, benefit eligible, staff and faculty, offered by departments across campus
Kindness by Orly Wahba
Orly Wahba is here to talk to us about the magic of kindness. As a middle-school teacher, she wanted to make a difference in the life of her students, so she designed “Act of Kindness” cards. These super-simple cards contained directions such as “open the door for someone” or “invite someone to have lunch with you,” along with an instruction to pass on the card once you were done. She wanted her kids to see the ripple effect of kindness.
Related Article - "Leadership: Why Kindness is an
Each topic offers a short video with related material. This is a resource for your professional development or for team discussion at a staff meeting.