Email and Newsletters
Let's face it: email is here to stay.
And like most people on a college campus, we get a lot of it.
The following guidelines should be used to ensure that your message is as clear and concise as possible.
Best Practices: Text
- Shorter is always better!
- Bulleted lists are helpful in organizing content.
- Referencing just one, clear call-to-action only is recommended.
- Buttons and links should be prominent and stand out. Consider featuring your link in more than one place within the email.
Best Practices: Images and Video
- All photo/image files used should be of low resolution; do not use original or high-resolution files.
- Embedding text within images is not recommended; not all users will be able to view such content.
- Auto-play functionality—in terms of video and audio—should always be avoided.
Brand and Identification
- Please use the Bowdoin wordmark header at the top of all newsletters.
- This header should go above your own department identifying or opening graphic.