Ladd Local BPS Fellowship
The applicant proposes a placement of their choice as part of the application process. Placements must be with a local or state office, agency, or non-governmental organization affiliated with government function. They will be required to perform full time (40 hours a week) work for 10 weeks over the summer, following the timeline outlined below. Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors are all eligible for this opportunity. Students need not have final confirmation of a placement when they apply for this fellowship and may continue searching for a placement after the due date for this application.
Please note: This is a new fellowship opportunity for summer 2022. Feel free to discuss with Sam Cogswell if you have questions about this as you begin to create your application.
- December 2021- Student Application goes live.
- February 11th, 2022- Student Application due at 12:00 PM EST (EXTENDED)
- February 24th-March 1st, 2022- Finalists interviewed.
- March 4th- Students notified of final decisions.
- March 11th- Final student acceptances due by email.
- June 6th to August 12th- Fellowship experience takes place.
- September 1st- Final Reflection Essay due.
- October, date TBD- Presidential Summer Symposium.
Please note: program orientation, cohort meetings, and other events will be added to this timeline if selected for the program.
- Start searching for and applying to possible placements for summer 2022.
- Update your resume.
- Create a one page letter of interest for this application, answering the following prompts:
- Why are you interested in the Ladd Local BPS Fellowship opportunity?
- Describe the type(s) of summer placements that you seek, including any concrete details about applications in progress or submitted to date.
- If selected, what do you hope to achieve during your time as a Ladd Local BPS Fellow?
- Ask two individuals to serve as references (just contact info, not letters), at least one of which must be a Bowdoin faculty member.