Thai Chicken Soup
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 Onion, medium, chopped
2 Carrots, medium, chopped
2 Stalks Celery, sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 c. Mushrooms, sliced (Shitake are nice here)
1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled, sliced 1/2 “, smashed and chopped
2 Low Sodium Chicken Broth (32 oz. each)
2 c. Shredded, Cooked Chicken
¼ c. Lite Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
½ c. Scallions, chopped
1. Heat oils in soup pot. Saute onion, carrots, and celery over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic, mushrooms and ginger. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook until heated through.
5. Drizzle in soy sauce and fish sauce.
6. To give the soup more body, mix cornstarch in small bowl with equal amount cold water. Add to soup and stir.
7. Serve, garnished with chopped scallions and a wedge of lime.