1 ½ c. Pumpkin puree
4 ea. Eggs (or 2 Tbsp. egg replacer + ¼ c. warm water)
1 c. Vegetable oil
2/3 c. Water
3 c. Sugar
3 ½ c. Flour, all-purpose
2 tsp. Baking soda
1½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
1 tsp. Nutmeg, ground
½ tsp. Cloves, ground
¼ tsp. Ginger, ground
Steps1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 13” x 9” pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Mix topping (below) and sprinkle on top of cake batter.
7. Bake for approximately 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
¾ c. Sugar
1 c. Flour
1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon
6 oz. Butter or Margarine
1. Mix until combined and crumbly. Do not over-mix.