Grilled tofu with Mushrooms
3 Tbsp. Water
¼ c. Maple Syrup
¼ c. Tamari Sauce
¼ c. Cider Vinegar
¼ c. Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
2 Tbsp. Water
1 ½ lb. Tofu, Extra Firm
½ lb Mushrooms, sliced or quartered
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
Dash Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Combine maple syrup and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until syrupy.
Add tamari vinegar, oil and garlic.
2. Cut tofu into 4 oz. portions. Place in marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Make sure tofu is at room temperature. Grill steaks until well marked.
4. Saute mushrooms in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring marinade to simmer. Mix cornstarch and water and whisk in. Simmer
one minute and remove from heat.
6. Place tofu steak(s) on plate or platter. Top with mushrooms and drizzle