Our encyclopedic collection of over 20,000 artworks invites historical, cultural, and scientific fields of study to engage in close study of original art objects. We aim to make the Museum a laboratory for creativity for all: classes from all disciplines at Bowdoin College may reserve the Zuckert Seminar Room and we welcome exhibition proposals from faculty and students for the Becker Gallery. Faculty and students interested in viewing objects should contact museum staff at least two weeks in advance to plan their visit.
- Discover objects to enhance teaching resources.
- Bring a class to view selected objects. Schedule a class visit now »
- Research works for a possible exhibition in the Becker Gallery. Becker Gallery exhibition application »
- Research objects for a class.
- Conduct an independent study.
- Find objects for an exhibition proposal. Becker Gallery exhibition application »
You can search the entire collection online here, and a portion of the collection is available to the Bowdoin College community through the online database, ARTstor.
To work with the Museum's comprehensive electronic database contact: