Visual Arts Endowment Fund
Resources for finding opportunities include but are not limited to the following:
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center
- Arrowmont Schools of Arts and Crafts
- Frogman's Print Workshop
- Harvard Graduate School of Design: Summer Architecture Program
- Haystack Mountain School of Crafts
- Ox-Bow School of Art
- Penland School of Craft
- The Bascom: A Center for the Visual Arts
- Women's Studio Workshop
Must be a Visual Arts major.
Seniors are not eligible to apply.
The Visual Arts Department reviews applications and selects 1-2 recipients based on available funds and relevent applications. Selection criteria includes the proposal’s effective articulation of how the proposed experience will significantly enhance the student's development within the arts and the feasibility of funding the opportunity. Proposals should be as detailed and clear as possible.
Awardees are required to:
- Submit a summary of their experience and web-ready photographs for use within the department.
Please submit the following materials for consideration:
- Narrative proposal, no more than 1,500 words in length, outlining:
- description of the proposed opportunity (including duration and scope of the experience)
- how the experience will significantly enhance the student’s academic development and career/personal development
- description of any relevent experience and/or skills the student possess that will drive success within this new experience
- Proposed budget, as detailed as possible, outlining the requested funding.
- A link to an online portfolio of 10 images (Picasa, Blogspot, Flickr, etc.) of the student’s art work.
- PDF of your unofficial academic history from Polaris.
Recommendation letter from a faculty member outside the Visual Arts Department.
Applications that fail to include all required material will not be considered.