Bowdoin students who reflect on why they are going away, research their
- How comfortable are you with ambiguity?
- What level of communication are you expecting?
- How do you reconcile yourself to different cultural values?
- How do you take care of yourself?
- What is your risk tolerance?
- How do you adapt to new modes of learning?
Your success away relies on continually checking in with yourself, reassessing expectations, appreciating
Remember also that depictions of study away, especially on social media, often only highlight the positive, obscuring a range of experiences and emotions.