Sales Tax Exemptions

The College has sales tax exemptions in the following states:

In order to receive a tax exemption, vendors may require a tax-exempt certificate prior to processing a transaction. The College’s ability to purchase goods and services tax free will result in real savings within your departmental budget.


L. L. Bean Purchases

If you are traveling without a College issued credit card some hotels may not extend the exemption to you. To maximize your ability to receive the exemption, you may wish to request a College check, prior to traveling, for hotel expenses.

The States of Massachusetts and Illinois do not allow an exemption for lodging tax. If, however, the College is holding a function at a hotel in Massachusetts the hotel will accept the certificate and waive sales tax.

For questions, please contact the Procurement and Risk Manager (207) 725-3115.