- Submitting an expense report with Bowdoin credit card expenses
- Submitting an expense report without Bowdoin credit card expenses
- Converting foreign currency expense reimbursements
- Cancelling (Voiding) an Expense Report
- Reconciling a personal expense on a Bowdoin credit card
- Reconciling a cash advance on a Bowdoin credit card
- Reconciling fraud related charges on a Bowdoin credit card
- Refreshing a line
- Itemizing (splitting) an expense between expense items or cost centers
- Viewing outstanding credit card transactions
- Deferring a Bowdoin credit card expense to the next fiscal year
- Adding receipts
- Adding the Workday app to your mobile phone
- Adding Quick Expense/Receipts via the Workday app
- Editing & Deleting Quick Expense/Receipts (AVAILABLE 3/7/2020)
- Scanning a multi-page receipt into individual PDF's
- Saving an emailed receipt as a PDF document
- Editing Reports:
- Approving Reports:
Workday Expenses is the application for Faculty and Staff to:
- Submit reimbursement for out of pocket business/travel expenses
- Reconcile Bowdoin credit card purchases
- Request cash advances
- Request foreign per diem travel advances and foreign per diem reimbursement
All approved expense reports processed by Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. in the Controller's Office, will be included for payment on Thursday. Employee reimbursements are deposited according to Workday Payment Elections for Expenses.
Expenses can be submitted by trip or grouped together in one report. If you incur expenses, please submit at least one expense report each month and within 60 days from date of purchase.
- Requesting a Foreign Per Diem Advance (prior to travel)
- Requesting a Foreign Per Diem Reimbursement (after travel)
- Converting Foreign Currency Expense Reimbursements (non per diem)
I used my Bowdoin credit card for a purchase, what do I do now?
It will take the credit card expense a couple of days to import into your Workday Expense transaction list. In the meantime, you can add your receipt to the system via the Workday Mobile app, or scan and upload the receipt into a folder. The receipt will then be ready to attach to the credit card expense once it appears in the system and you are ready to create your expense report.
How do I access another account as a delegate?
Once you are logged into Workday, click on your profile in the upper right and then select Switch Account and select the account that you would like to access.
Do I need to enter a business reason in the memo field of each expense item?
If all expenses relate to a single business purpose included in the header Memo, a Business Reason for each expense line item is not required.
If I inadvertently charged a personal expense on a Bowdoin credit card, how do I reconcile it?
All Bowdoin credit card expenses are automatically loaded into Workday. The expense item will still need to be submitted within an expense report. Please reference the instructions for Reconciling a personal expense on a Bowdoin Credit Card.
Do I need a receipt for expenses under $50?
The Controller's Office does not require receipts for expenses under $50 but please feel free to include them.
What are cost centers and expense items?
A cost center code is the same as a project code in Financial Edge and an expense item is the same as an account code in Financial Edge. Your expenses will default to your primary cost center but you can change it by searching or entering another cost center.
How do I assign a delegate user to my account for assisting me with my reports?
What if I do not have a receipt?
Receipts are required for expenses of $50.00 or greater. If you misplaced your receipt please indicate this within the memo line for that particular expense item.
How long does it take to be reimbursed for out of pocket expenses?
All expense reports processed by the Controller's Office by Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. will be included for payment that Thursday. You will receive a notification within Workday once the payment has been made and the funds should be available in your account by Friday.
How do I submit expenses for faculty home entertainment?
Please use cost center 220100 for Faculty Home Entertainment. The maximum reimbursement amount is $150. Please include number of students in the Attendee(s) field (i.e. 10 students - individual names are not required).
How do I submit faculty conference related expenses?
Expenses related to faculty conference travel should be coded to cost center 220040. Please include the conference title and travel dates in either the report header memo field or individual expense line memo field.
Should students submit expense reimbursements through Workday?
Students will be reimbursed through Workday but please continue to submit the reimbursement requests through your current paper process.
How do I access an expense report submitted through Certify?