2 box Yellow Cake Mix
8 oz. Unsalted Butter or Margarine*, room temperature
8 oz. Chopped Walnuts
8 oz. Unsweetened Coconut
2 lb. Raspberry Jam or Filling
- Combine cake mix, butter, walnuts and coconut in a large bowl. Mix ingredients together until butter is well incorporated and mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve one third of mixture and spread the rest evenly into a greased half sheet pan. Place a piece of waxed paper or parchment on top and press with a rolling pin until even and hard‐packed. Remove paper.
- Spread jam evenly over top of crust.
- Distribute remaining crumbles on top of filling.
Bake at 350 degrees for 24‐28 minutes in a conventional oven or in a convection oven at 300 degrees for 22‐26 minutes.
* Bowdoin College Dining Service uses Smart Balance which is trans fat‐free and vegan.