Creamy Potato Leek Soup
3 T. Butter or Margarine
3 Leeks, large, chopped, white and light green parts only
1 Onion, medium, chopped
1½ lb. Potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 qt. Vegetable Stock
2 Dried Bay Leaves
1 ½ c. Half & Half
½ t. Salt
½ t. White Pepper Dash
- Saute leeks and onions in butter or margarine over medium heat until softened.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves and veggie stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, salt and pepper and heat gently to 160 degrees.
- Remove bay leaves and puree until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.