There's always something to see at the Bowdoin College Museum of Art! From installations of highlights from the permanent collection, to rotating special exhibitions on a great variety of themes, to shows curated by Bowdoin faculty and students. Come for a visit to see what's new!
The Bowdoin College Museum of Art offers interactive educational tours for a wide audience, ranging from pre-schoolers through adult groups. For more on our docent-guided tours, please visit the Tour page. To book a tour, please complete the tour request form.
Students, faculty, families and school groups, and outside scholars: visit our Learn section for more information about our academic and community offerings.
Museum Visitor Guidelines
- Do not touch the art.
- Please respect our twelve inch proximity rule.
- Food and drink are prohibited within the galleries.
- Photography is limited. For assistance, please ask an officer.
- Silence your cell phones and please do not use them in the galleries.
- Bags larger than 11 x 15 inches are not allowed in the galleries.
- Umbrellas and wet outerwear are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Security officers reserve the right to inspect books and bags.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Please use only pencils in the galleries.
Tuesday–Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Sunday hours: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Closed on Mondays and national holidays. The Bowdoin College Museum of Art is open to the public free of charge, although donations are welcome. The Museum is wheelchair accessible through the Pavilion entrance.
Bowdoin College Museum of Art
9400 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011
Physical Address (for GPS)
245 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
Maps and Information
Bowdoin College Museum of Art is a member of The Maine Art Museum Trail.