Need an address for your GPS? Use the one below to get to the Admissions building, which is centrally located and has visitor parking:
255 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
- To reach Brunswick from the south:
Take the Maine Turnpike to Exit 52 (formerly Exit 9; 295 to Coastal Route 1). Continue on 295 to Exit 28 Route 1 North: Coastal Route, Brunswick/Bath).
- From the north via the Maine Turnpike:
Take Exit 14, then I-295 to Exit 28 Route 1 North.
- To reach the main campus and admissions:
From I-295, take Route 1 North/Pleasant Street. Proceed to the third traffic light. Go straight ("To 201/123/24/Maine Street"). Continue straight for approximately 1/2 mile to the second traffic light. Turn right on Maine Street. Continue on Maine Street for approximately 1/2 mile. The Bowdoin campus begins at the intersection of Maine Street and Bath Road, near a large UCC Church.
The Portland International Jetport is served by most major airlines, including United, American, Southwest, Frontier, and Delta. Please visit the Portland International Jetport web site for a list of cities with daily direct and connecting flights.
Boston's Logan International Airport is roughly two hours away by car, and the Concord Coach Lines runs routes out of Logan to Portland and other New England locations.
- Mermaid Transportation Co., Inc. provides daily service to and from the Portland Jetport and Boston's Logan Airport.
- Mid-Coast Limo provides service to the Portland Jetport. For more information and reservations call 1-800-937-2424 or 207-236-2424.
- Rental cars are available at the airport (Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National) and in Brunswick (Enterprise) and other regional locations.
- Private airports in Bowdoinham and Wiscasset offer charter flights and service to small, commuter planes.
Rail service to Brunswick, Maine, is provided by the Downeaster Amtrak Train. Three round-trips are available daily between Brunswick and Boston. Once arriving at the train station in Brunswick, the Bowdoin College campus—home to both the Bowdoin College Museum of Art and the Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum—is a short five-minute walk.
Greyhound/Vermont Transit from Brunswick:
Offers daily trips to and from Brunswick, Maine. Schedules and rates are available from the office at 206 Maine Street, Brunswick (1-800-537-3330). Buses stop at the 7-11 store on the corner of Maine and Elm streets, two blocks from campus. Limited service may be available from Bowdoin College. Call 1-800-231-2222 for more information.
Concord Coach Lines from Bath and Brunswick:
When classes are in session, Concord Coach Lines makes a stop at Bowdoin College on Sills Road, by Druckenmiller Hall. Concord Coach Lines tickets may be purchased at the Brunswick Visitor Center (16 Station Avenue). You may also get on the bus at the College and purchase your ticket en route.