Personnel Policies and Procedures
Department chairs manage, mentor and support faculty and staff.
The Faculty Handbook is the resource to reference for College policies and procedures governing faculty appointments, reappointments, tenure, promotion, leaves, and faculty evaluations among other topics.
- Conduct faculty searches
- Mediate conflicts among peers
- Mediate student complaints about faculty performance (including grade disputes)
- Coordinate mentoring of new faculty members
- Manage transition to new chairs
Academic Support Staff/Departmental Staff
- Direct hiring of new staff
- Coordinate and supervise work schedule
- Review performance annually