Academic Assistance for Students
Discover how the Baldwin Center staff helps Bowdoin students become more successful. Find links to the appointment calendar and other helpful resources.
Do you want to become more effective as a college student?
Could your time management be improved? Are there study habits you might want to change/improve/get new ideas?
- Make an appointment or drop in to see a Baldwin Mentor.
Could you be a more effective learner in your STEM classes?
Are the quantitative aspects of a class challenging for you?
- Attend a Study Group for that class.
- Meet with a Quantitative Reasoning Tutor ("Q-Tutor") in Kanbar 102
Do you want to be a more effective communicator?
In writing? In speaking?
- Meet with a Writing or Rhetoric Assistant.
Baldwin Center Peer Services Calendar
Log in to the Baldwin Center Peer Services Appointment Calendar to make an appointment with a Writing Assistant, Mentor or Q-Tutor, or see hours available for drop-in.
Need help with the calendar? Contact Tammis Donovan, Administrative Coordinator.
English for Multi-lingual Speakers
Are you multi-lingual and/or have parents who speak multiple languages?
Would you like to talk through your assignments, get ideas for reading strategies in college, and assistance with the conventions of scholarly writing such as: grammar, outlining, revising, and editing?
- Make an appointment to meet with Lisa Flanagan, Advisor for Multi-lingual Speakers