Academic Assistance for Students
Discover how the Baldwin Center staff helps Bowdoin students become more successful.
View the schedule and make an appointment with a peer writing assistant, peer tutor or mentor, or drop in.
Ask questions or tell us what you need by stopping in to Kanbar 102, calling 207-725-3006, or by submitting an Academic Services Request form.
Do you want to become more effective as a college student?
Could your time management be improved? Are there study habits you might want to change/improve/get new ideas?
- Make an appointment or drop in to see a Baldwin Mentor.
Could you be a more effective learner in your STEM classes?
Are the quantitative aspects of a class challenging for you?
- Attend a Study Group for that class.
- Meet with a Quantitative Reasoning Tutor ("Q-Tutor") in Kanbar 102
Do you want to be a more effective communicator?
In writing? In speaking?
- Meet with a Writing or Rhetoric Assistant.
English for Multi-lingual Speakers
Are you multi-lingual and/or have parents who speak multiple languages?
Would you like to talk through your assignments, get ideas for reading strategies in college, and assistance with the conventions of scholarly writing such as: grammar, outlining, revising, and editing?
- Make an appointment to meet with Lisa Flanagan, Advisor for Multi-lingual Speakers