Academic Assistance for Students
Want to improve your academic performance? Feel more on top of your workload? Learn new skills and strategies? Find community? Help others? Welcome to the Baldwin Center.
Ask questions or tell us what you need by stopping in to Kanbar 102, calling 207-725-3006, or by submitting an Academic Services Request form.
Do you want to become more effective as a college student?
Could your time management be improved? Are there study habits you might want to change/improve/get new ideas?
- Make an appointment or drop in to see a Baldwin Mentor.
Could you be a more effective learner in your STEM classes?
Are the quantitative aspects of a class challenging for you?
- Attend a Study Group for that class.
- Meet with a Quantitative Reasoning Tutor ("Q-Tutor") in Kanbar 102
Do you want to be a more effective communicator?
In writing? In speaking?
- Meet with a Writing or Rhetoric Assistant.
Are you multi-lingual and/or have parents who speak multiple languages?
Would you like to talk through your assignments, get ideas for reading strategies in college, and assistance with the conventions of scholarly writing such as: grammar, outlining, revising, and editing?
- Make an appointment to meet with Lisa Flanagan, Advisor for Multi-lingual Speakers
Do you want to better manage your workload while maintaining health and well-being?
Would you like to work with an academic coach to strategize plans and schedules, develop techniques for acquiring new knowledge and skills, managing ADHD and test anxiety, overcoming procrastination and more?
- Make an appointment to meet with Tina Chong, Academic Coach, Assistant Director BCLT