- How did they learn about Bowdoin as high school students?
- What brought them to Bowdoin?
- What resources enabled them to adjust to a new environment in their home state and what has kept them at Bowdoin year after year?
- How you can get involved in the Bowdoin community and continue to be connected to the greater Maine community.
Registration has closed.
September 29, 2020
7-8 p.m. Eastern Time
Join a panel of Maine students and a Bowdoin admissions counselor. This webinar-style Zoom presentation will include plenty of time for Q&A! We look forward to sharing why Maine and its students are a special part of the Bowdoin community.
For more information, contact:
Jameel Moore, Senior Assistant Dean of Admissions
Maine Day Student Panelists
Beckett Slayton, Class of 2021
Hometown: Blue Hill, ME
Major: Government and Legal Studies/Environmental Studies Coordinate Major
Involvements: Member of the baseball team and Peer Health Group. I have also enjoyed my experience as an American Reads tutor, helping students in Harriet Beecher Stowe and Mast Landing elementary schools.
Will Jorgensen, Class of 2024
Hometown: Portland, ME
Major: Undecided/Computer Science
Involvements: No Involvements YET!
Kate Lusignan, Class of 2021
Hometown: Hermon, ME
Major: English and Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
Involvements: I have been an editor at the Bowdoin Orient since my first year (I am now the editor-in-chief). I have participated in the McKeen Center’s mentoring program since my first year and I led first year Orientation trips during my sophomore and junior year. I also worked at the library!
Abby Gonneville, Class of 2021
Hometown: Madawaska, ME
Major(s)/Minor: Double major in Government & Legal Studies and Sociology with a minor in Gender, Sexuality & Women's Studies
Involvements: Senior Interviewer for Admissions, Writing Assistant with the BCLT, TA for an Anthropology class, Bowdoin Votes volunteer, Aspirations in Maine volunteer, Bowdoin Public Service in Washington, and Student Appeals & Grievances Committee (Bowdoin Student Government)
- 1,980 students in the student body
- 9% of the Class of 2023 are Maine residents
- 50 US states and 42 foreign countries represented
- 70 Maine high schools represented
- 100% of students with demonstrated financial need receive aid
- $49,250 is the average Bowdoin grant (Class of 2023)
- 50% of the Class of 2023 receives financial aid
- $0 is the amount of student loans in financial aid packages