College House Application
*Note: Information for the 2015-2016 College House Application will be available in January*
Thank you for your interest in joining the College House system. The College Houses offer a distinctive residential experience for Bowdoin students. Those who live in the Houses form a uniquely spirited community with ample opportunities to impact the broader Bowdoin landscape. Living in a House also demands a significant commitment of time and energy.
All House members must:
- Participate in College House Orientation and/or Officer Training before classes begin in the fall
- Organize a variety of academic, cultural, and social events in and beyond the House throughout the year
- Connect with first-year and upperclass affiliates
- Help create and protect an environment of mutual respect within the House
First-years, sophomores, and juniors in good standing are eligible to apply. Our selection process strives to find students who are comfortable working within a team and seek to build on the enormous potential of the College House system. You must apply to the College House to which you, or a member of your block, is affiliated.
To learn more about the House experience, please attend upcoming College House information sessions on January 29th @ 8:15pm in Main Lounge (Moulton Union) and January 31st @ 1:30pm in Lancaster Lounge (Moulton Union), or contact Madelaine Eulich (x3301) in the Office of Residential Life.
The College Houses will hold OPEN HOUSES the week of February 3rd (Helmreich Tues. 2/4 @ 2:30-4:30pm and 8pm; Howell Tues. 2/4 @ 7-9pm; Quinby Wed. 2/5 @ 7pm; Mac Wed. 2/5 @ 8pm; Baxter Thurs. 2/6 @ 4pm; Reed Thurs. 2/6 @ 4:30pm; Burnett Thurs. 2/6 @ 6-8pm; Ladd Thurs. 2/6 @ 8pm)
Part I: The Online Application
- Completed application materials must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, February 12th. *The Office of Residential Life will email recommendation forms to people listed as references. Recommendations are due back to the Office of Residential Life by 5:00 PM on March 5th.*
Part II: Individual/Block Interview
- New applicants will participate in a 20 minute individual or block interview, conducted by current House residents, members of the Residential Life office, Faculty House advisors, or members of the Deans office. *Interviews are optional for students who have also applied for a position on the Residential Life Staff 2014-2015.*
- Interviews will be held between February 26th - March 1st.
Part III: Decisions & Acceptances
- Decisions will be mailed to your SU boxes on Friday, April 4th.
- Acceptances and signed residence agreements are due back to the Office of Residential Life (1st floor of Moulton Union) by 5 PM on Monday, April 7th.
Link to the 2014-15 College House Application: https://bowdoincollege.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_72o4cTGmI0UHqzr
You may not withdraw your application once it is submitted. The Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Residential Life reserves the right to remove applications of students who are currently on or placed on Social Probation during the selection process.