College House Application
*College House Applications for 2015-2016 are now avaliable*
Thank you for your interest in joining the College House system. The College Houses offer a distinctive residential experience for Bowdoin students. Those who live in the Houses form a uniquely spirited community with ample opportunities to impact the broader Bowdoin landscape. Living in a House also demands a significant commitment of time and energy.
All House members must:
- Participate in College House Orientation and/or Officer Training before classes begin in the fall
- Organize a variety of academic, cultural, and social events in and beyond the House throughout the year
- Connect with first-year and upperclass affiliates
- Help create and protect an environment of mutual respect within the House
First-years, sophomores, and juniors in good standing are eligible to apply. Our selection process strives to find students who are comfortable working within a team and seek to build on the enormous potential of the College House system. You must apply to the College House to which you, or a member of your block, is affiliated.
To learn more about the House experience, please attend upcoming College House information sessions on January 29th @ 6:00pm in Main Lounge (Moulton Union) and February 3rd @ 7:00pm in Main Lounge (Moulton Union), Feburary 10th @ 7:00pm in Main Lounge, or contact Mariana Centeno (x3301) in the Office of Residential Life.
The College Houses will hold OPEN HOUSES the week of February 2nd - February 6th. (Monday, February 2nd: Quinby and MacMillan. Tuesday, February 3rd: Reed and Helmreich. Wednesday, February 4th: Burnett and Howell. Thursday, February 5th: Ladd and Baxter).
Part I: The Online Application
- Completed application materials must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Friday, February 13th. *The Office of Residential Life will email recommendation forms to people listed as references. Recommendations are due back to the Office of Residential Life by 5:00 PM on March 6th.*
Part II: Individual/Block Interview
- New applicants will participate in a 20 minute individual or block interview, conducted by current House residents, members of the Residential Life office, Faculty House advisors, or members of the Deans office. *Interviews are optional for students who have also applied for a position on the Residential Life Staff 2015-2016.*
- Interviews will be held between February 25th - Feburary 28th.
Part III: Decisions & Acceptances
- Decisions will be mailed to your SU boxes on Friday, April 3rd.
- Acceptances and signed residence agreements are due back to the Office of Residential Life (1st floor of Dudley Coe) by 5 PM on Monday, April 6th.
Link to the 2015-16 College House Application: https://bowdoincollege.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_51Fsjt2T99PGdaB
Application Preview: Click Here
You may not withdraw your application once it is submitted. The Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Residential Life reserves the right to remove applications of students who are currently on or placed on Social Probation during the selection process.