College House Application
College House applications for the 17-18 academic year are now live! If you are submitting a recommendation form please click here.
Thank you for your interest in joining the College House system. The College Houses offer a distinctive residential experience for Bowdoin students. Those who live in the Houses form a uniquely spirited community with ample opportunities to impact the broader Bowdoin landscape. Living in a House also demands a significant commitment of time and energy.
A strong College House applicant will be:
- Willing to fully participate in all aspects of living in a College House including planning and executing programs and events
- Excited to create and maintain a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community
- Motivated to be part of creating and shaping Bowdoin's student culture
All House members will:
- Play an integral role in the creation, development, and coordination of a variety of programs and events
- Promote an inclusive environment in their House and the greater Bowdoin community
- Participate in a unique opportunity to shape the social and academic culture for the Bowdoin community
- Actively participate in respectful communal living by attending House meetings, keeping common spaces clean and being willing to take on a variety of tasks related to programming.
- Serve as a mentor to first years through the "buddy" system
First-years, sophomores, and juniors in good standing are eligible to apply. Our selection process strives to find students who are comfortable working within a team and seek to build on the enormous potential of the College House system.
The application to live in a College House during the 2017-2018 year is now live. Please read below for more information about the application and process. Applications are due by midnight on Sunday, February 12th. For more information on living in a College House and the Application process, please attend one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, January 25th at 5 PM in Main Lounge
- Monday, January 30th at 6 PM in Main Lounge
- Friday, February 10th at 4 PM in Beam Classroom
Part I: The Online Application. Please click here for the application. Please click here for information about the process.
- Completed application materials will be due on February 12th at 11:59 PM.
- Each applicant will have to submit a completed application. Each block must designate a block manager who will receive notifications about the process.
Part II: Individual/Block Interview
- New applicants will participate in a 25 minute individual or block interview, conducted by current House residents, members of the Residential Life office, Faculty House advisors, or members of the Deans office.
- Interviews will be held on February 24th, 27th, and the 28th. Block managers will be asked to sign up for an interview slot to complete their applications by February 13th.
Part III: Decisions & Acceptances
- Decisions will be emailed to you in early April.
You may not withdraw your application once it is submitted. The Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Residential Life reserves the right to remove applications of students who are currently on or placed on Social Probation during the selection process.