College House Application
Thank you for your interest in joining the College House system. The College Houses offer a distinctive residential experience for Bowdoin students. Those who live in the Houses form a uniquely spirited community with ample opportunities to impact the broader Bowdoin landscape. Living in a House also demands a significant commitment of time and energy.
All House members must:
- Participate in College House Orientation and/or Officer Training before classes begin in the fall
- Organize a variety of academic, cultural, and social events in and beyond the House throughout the year
- Connect with first-year and upperclass affiliates
- Help create and protect an environment of mutual respect within the House
First-years, sophomores, and juniors in good standing are eligible to apply. Our selection process strives to find students who are comfortable working within a team and seek to build on the enormous potential of the College House system.
The application to live in a College House during the 2017-2018 year will be live by January 23rd. Applications are due by midnight on Sunday, February 12th. For more information on living in a College House and the Application process, please attend one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, January 24th at 4 PM in Main Lounge
- Wednesday, January 25th at 5 PM in Main Lounge
- Friday, Feburary 10th at 4 PM in Beam Classroom
Part I: The Online Application. Please click here for the application. Please click here for information about the process.
- Completed application materials will be due on Feburary 12th at 11:59 PM.
- Each applicant will have to submit a completed application. Each block must desiginate a block manager who will recieve notifications about the process.
Part II: Individual/Block Interview
- New applicants will participate in a 20 minute individual or block interview, conducted by current House residents, members of the Residential Life office, Faculty House advisors, or members of the Deans office.
- Interviews will be held on Feburuary 24th, 27th, and the 28th. March 2nd-March7th. Block managers will be asked to sign up for an interview slot to complete their applications by Feburary 13th.
Part III: Decisions & Acceptances
- Decisions will be emailed to you in early April.
You may not withdraw your application once it is submitted. The Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Residential Life reserves the right to remove applications of students who are currently on or placed on Social Probation during the selection process.