Students interested in being part of Upward Bound must meet two eligibility criteria:
- First Generation College Bound. Be the first in your family to potentially graduate with a 4-year degree.
- Low-Income. Have a household income that falls below a federally determined income guideline.
Contact your guidance office to learn more about Upward Bound at your school.
Interested students are invited to attend an info session at their school to learn more about Upward Bound.
The application process includes:
- A completed UB application. Get this from your guidance office.
- Three recommendations. One from a guidance counselor, one from an academic teacher, and one from a person who knows you well outside the classroom.
- A personal statement. Tell us about yourself.
- A one-on-one conversation with a UB counselor.