- Three brief essays, including a research proposal
- Academic plan of study through senior year
- Writing sample
- Unofficial Bowdoin transcript and, if a transfer student, transcripts from any other college or university attended
- Two recommendation letters:
- 1) from your proposed MMUF research mentor
- 2) from a professor who knows your academic work
January 24–March 11, 2022
You will need letters of recommendation from two professors. One should come from your proposed MMUF mentor; the other should come from a professor with whom you have taken coursework and/or who can speak about you as a scholar.
We recommend you request letters at least 4-5 weeks prior and that you send a reminder just before the deadline, as well as a thank-you note.
We suggest you submit complete drafts of your application essays to your letter writers prior to submitting your application, so they can give you feedback and have sufficient understanding of your project in order to write your letters of recommendation.
Recommendation Letter Forms
Your letter of recommendation writers will need the following forms to complete their part of the application. Please use the forms below to enter your applicant information at the top and then forward the forms via email to your recommender and mentor. The forms can be completed online using Adobe.