Buildings and Laboratories
The Chemistry Department is located in the Cleaveland Hall section of the Druckenmiller Science Center complex. Cleaveland Hall was built in 1953 and was completely renovated and updated in 1997 as part of the construction of the Druckenmiller Science complex, which is the home to the Chemistry and Biology departments. Cleaveland Hall houses faculty offices and a wide-variety of instructional classrooms as well as state-of-the-art instructional and research laboratories. In addition, limited student office space is available there, and a spacious and flexible centrally-located atrium within the Druckenmiller Science Complex is widely used as both a student study space and for Chemistry and Biology Department functions. The adjacent Hatch Science Library provides on-line databases for thousands of journals in the sciences.