Is the Bowdoin College Museum of Art (BCMA) open to the public?
The BCMA is open to the public. Free admission.
What days and hours is the BCMA open to the public?
Public hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Sunday, 1:00-5:00 p.m. Closed Monday and national holidays.
Do I need to make a reservation to visit the BCMA?
No, reservations are not required to visit the Museum.
What is on view at the BCMA?
For the most current information about Museum exhibitions, please visit the exhibition page on the BCMA website.
Are you booking formal group visits to the BCMA?
We are not currently scheduling formal group visits or tours.
Will there be regularly scheduled tours of the BCMA available?
No, we are not currently offering tours.
Will there be any lectures or special events at the BCMA?
The Museum will be holding lectures and special events that are open to the public. Please check the Museum's online calendar for more information.
Will there be printed maps and programs available for visitors?
Yes, we are offering printed maps and programs for visitors.
What entrance should visitors use?
Entry to the BCMA is through the glass pavilion on Bowdoin Quad.
Is the Museum Shop be open to visitors?
Yes, the Museum Shop is open to visitors during regular BCMA hours.
Is there any place on campus that visitors can get lunch?
There are many excellent local restaurants open that serve lunch.
What else is open to the public on the Bowdoin campus?
Campus grounds, buildings, and dining halls are open to visitors.
Does the BCMA have wheelchairs available for visitors to use?
Yes, the Museum has wheelchairs available for visitor use.
Are there any other visitor guidelines?
The BCMA's traditional visitor guidelines will also apply:
- Do not touch the art.
- Please respect our twelve-inch proximity rule.
- Food and drink are prohibited within the galleries.
- Photography is limited. For assistance, please ask an officer.
- Silence your cell phones and please do not use them in the galleries.
- Bags larger than 11 x 15 inches are not allowed in the galleries.
- Umbrellas and wet outerwear are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Security officers reserve the right to inspect books and bags.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Please use only pencils in the galleries.