Rachel Lord Center for Religious and Spiritual Life
Bowdoin College is committed to the principle that each religious tradition is a vital and valued part of our community, and we celebrate and nurture this religious and spiritual diversity.
The Rachel Lord Center for Religious and Spiritual Life at Bowdoin provides support and guidance for students and groups involved in religious activities, faith traditions, and personal spiritual growth.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact Oliver Goodrich.
All Bowdoin students—from Atheist to Zen Buddhist—are welcome to explore their spirituality and find a home in the Rachel Lord Center for Religious & Spiritual Life. Located at 30 College Street, the Center offers:
- Spiritual support (one-on-one or groups) from our staff and advisors
- Opportunities to connect with spiritual & religious student groups
- Programs to support spiritual wellness, like mindfulness meditation and multifaith dinners
- Sacred spaces like 30 College, the Chapel, & the Muslim Prayer Room
- A Halal/Kosher kitchen
- Academic religious observance accommodations
- Religious holiday celebrations