for the Class of 2023
Saturday, May 27, 2023
A full schedule of 2023 Commencement Weekend events and ticketing information will be released in mid-April. For advanced planning purposes, key events include:
Friday, May 26
- 9:00 a.m. Annual Meeting of Phi Beta Kappa and induction ceremony.
- 11:00 a.m. Seniors Concert
- Departmental & Academic Program Open Houses
- Afternoon. Conversations with 2023 honorary degree recipients.
- 4:30 p.m. The Baccalaureate Ceremony. This special event marks the official close of the academic year and the coming together of graduates and their families. It features remarks by President Clayton Rose, a speech by a graduating senior, and a keynote address by an honorary degree recipient.
- 5:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m. Down East Lobster Bake for members of the graduating class, their guests, faculty and staff. Tickets will be required and available to claim in April—there is no limit.
Saturday, May 27
- 8:00 a.m. Guest seating opens on the Main Quad.
- 9:15 a.m. It is recommended that guests be at their seats to view the procession.
- 9:20 a.m. Commencement Processional begins at Baxter House and marches through the quad.
- 10:00 a.m. The 218th Commencement Exercises of Bowdoin College. The Commencement ceremony will be held outside on the Terrace of the Bowdoin College Museum of Art, except in the case of severe weather. If rain is forecasted, come prepared with an umbrella and other rain gear. No tickets are necessary for the outdoor ceremony, and you may bring as many guests as you wish.
- Noon-2:00 p.m. Luncheon for members of the graduating class, their guests, faculty and staff. Tickets will be required and available to claim in April—there is no limit.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Events and Summer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 725-3433.