Commencement for the Class of 2022
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Key events included:
THURSDAY, MAY 26
- 7:00 p.m. A lecture by honorary degree recipient Katherine Bradford.
FRIDAY, MAY 27
- 9:00 a.m. Jog with Joanie! A refreshing morning jog with Joan Benoit Samuelson '79, P'12.
- 9:00 a.m. Annual Meeting of Phi Beta Kappa and induction ceremony.
- 11:00 a.m. Seniors Concert
- Departmental & Academic Program Open Houses
- 1:30 p.m. A conversation with honorary degree recipient Janet Langhart-Cohen.
- 2:30 p.m. A conversation with honorary degree recipient Joan Benoit Samuelson '79, P'12.
- 4:30 p.m. The Baccalaureate Ceremony. This special event marks the official close of the academic year and the coming together of graduates and their families. It features remarks by President Clayton Rose, a speech by a graduating senior, and a keynote address by honorary degree recipient Raquel Jaramillo P'18.
- 5:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m. Down East Lobster Bake for members of the graduating class, their guests, faculty and staff.
SATURDAY, MAY 28
- 8:00 a.m. Guest seating opens on the Main Quad.
- 9:15 a.m. It is recommended that guests be at their seats to view the procession.
- 9:20 a.m. Commencement Processional begins at Baxter House and marches through the quad.
- 10:00 a.m. The 217th Commencement Exercises of Bowdoin College. The Commencement ceremony will be held outside on the terrace of the Bowdoin College Museum of Art, except in the case of severe weather. If rain is forecasted, come prepared with an umbrella and other rain gear. No tickets are necessary for the outdoor ceremony, and you may bring as many guests as you wish.
- Noon-2:00 p.m. Luncheon for members of the graduating class, their guests, faculty and staff.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Events and Summer Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 725-3433.