Financial Responsibility Agreement
Every student at Bowdoin College is required to electronically sign this Student Financial Responsibility Agreement in order to enroll in and attend classes at Bowdoin.
In doing so, I understand and agree as follows:
- I accept financial responsibility for the payment of all charges incurred for tuition, fees, room, board, damages and other charges incurred while enrolled at Bowdoin College. Elective charges not waived by specified due dates will be added to my Student Account.
- I understand that bills are delivered electronically to my email address at Bowdoin, and that email is the primary form of communication regarding Student Accounts.
- I understand that if I take an approved leave from the College (as defined in The Academic Handbook) during the course of a semester, I will be refunded tuition and fees based on the following schedule, as outlined in the Academic Handbook, and I will be responsible for any charges that remain:
|During the first two weeks||80%|
|During the third week||60%|
|During the fourth week||40%|
|During the fifth week||20%|
|Over five weeks||No refund|
- If I fail to pay all charges, or fail to initiate a satisfactory payment arrangement as approved in advance in writing by Bowdoin, prior to the specified due date, I will not be allowed to register for or attend classes, utilize campus facilities, receive transcript or grade reports, or graduate unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Bowdoin.
- I agree to pay all reasonable collection costs incurred to collect any delinquent accounts, including attorney fees and collection agency fees. External collection fees assessed may be up to an additional 40% of principal balance.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine, exclusive, however, of such State's rules respecting the choice of law. The parties hereby agree that any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or based upon any claim arising under or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the courts of the State of Maine sitting in the City of Portland, Maine and/or the United States District Court for the District of Maine, and irrevocably agree that all actions or proceedings arising under or relating to this Agreement, or any agreement or instrument executed hereunder, shall be addressed by such courts, and each party hereby waives any objection to the personal or subject matter jurisdiction of such courts or to the laying of venue of such suit, action or proceeding therein.