The Alumni Fund impacts the Bowdoin experience every day.
Comprised of gifts from alumni for current use, the Alumni Fund supports the lives of every student on campus daily. Bowdoin uses these gifts where they are needed most, including supporting our 100% need-blind, no-loan financial aid for more than 45% of students. The Fund bolsters all areas of Bowdoin’s annual operating budget, and unrestricted gifts allow the College to most effectively underwrite teaching and learning.
For those who wish to designate their Alumni Fund gift to an area meaningful to their experience, there are seven areas of support:
- Academics: Support faculty-student research, faculty enhancement, the Libraries, and Information Technology.
- Arts & Culture: Support the Museum of Art, Arctic Museum, dance performances, concerts, and lectures.
- Comprehensive Aid: Support students’ access to the entire Bowdoin experience, including travel, study abroad, technology, and medical expenses.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives: Support student diversity initiatives and programs, such as leadership development, speakers and training for faculty and staff.
- Environmental Stewardship: Support research and extracurricular educational programming for green initiatives and upgrades to campus facilities.
- Financial Aid: Support current spending for scholarship grants, which are provided to nearly half of current students.
- Student Life: Support student activities, clubs, service trips, and the Center for the Common Good.